Lorne: Back in Pylea they used to call me "sweet potato." Connor: Really. Lorne: Yeah, well, the exact translation was "fragrant tuber" but…

'Conviction (1)'

Bureaucracy 4: Like Job. No, really, just like Job

A thread to discuss naming threads, board policy, new thread suggestions, and anything else that has to do with board administration and maintenance. Guaranteed to include lively debate and polls. Natter discouraged, but not deleted.

Current Stompy Feet: Jon B, P.M. Marcontell, Liese S., amych, msbelle, shrift, Dana, Laura

Stompy Emerita: ita, DXMachina

Next Last Recent

Jon B. - Jul 17, 2007 9:34:21 am PDT #1 of 6773
A turkey in every toilet -- only in America!

Blah, blah, blah.

Kat - Jul 17, 2007 9:34:33 am PDT #2 of 6773
"I keep to a strict diet of ill-advised enthusiasm and heartfelt regret." Leigh Bardugo

Indeed.

Actually, I think that Frank's point is the most salient.

Perhaps there is nothing else to vote on except TV, but the TV discussions are annoying. I'd love for us to have a better solution than rehashing it every few weeks or months.

bon bon - Jul 17, 2007 9:35:00 am PDT #3 of 6773
It's five thousand for kissing, ten thousand for snuggling... End of list.

I am not sure why I cannot shut up in discussions like this. To be fair, I do this in meetings at work, too.

I didn't mean to imply I was ellipsing your post! I was trying to get a post in toward the end.

brenda m - Jul 17, 2007 9:37:35 am PDT #4 of 6773
If you're going through hell/keep on going/don't slow down/keep your fear from showing/you might be gone/'fore the devil even knows you're there

I may be smoking the crack, because I just said "oh thank god new bureaucracy thread". True fact.

TV changes a lot more than other areas, though, and has some special considerations that make it more likely to spawn votes (not to mention threads).

Salad shooters never had their own thread, so when we lost interest in them and obsessed over muffalettas, we didn't have to angst over whether we needed to officially repurpose Natter. And while some of us love cilantro (freaks) and others are more into LOLcats, neither group is particularly concerned about being spoiled by the other.

Not to say that tv doesn't also get a lot more contentious than other issues, because clearly it does. But some of it's just the nature of the beast.

Sophia Brooks - Jul 17, 2007 9:37:36 am PDT #5 of 6773
Cats to become a rabbit should gather immediately now here

I didn't mean to imply I was ellipsing your post! I was trying to get a post in toward the end.

Oh- I actually didn't think you were. I have been trying to get myself to shut up all day and sort of making fun of myself in my head. I just can't stand non-consensus and I become this weird talky meat person.

brenda m - Jul 17, 2007 9:38:12 am PDT #6 of 6773
If you're going through hell/keep on going/don't slow down/keep your fear from showing/you might be gone/'fore the devil even knows you're there

You and me both, Sophia.

Kristen - Jul 17, 2007 9:42:00 am PDT #7 of 6773

Since 2006 that's ALL we have voted on?

Doing a quick search in press for voting results, it's possibly mostly what we've been voting on since 2003. We voted to close the Book Club thread in 2005. We voted to open the Book Club thread, not open a Politics thread and voted on erinaceous's ANC proposal in 2004. Before that, it the Grandfathering vote, followed by the subequent Politics Thread vote in May 2003. Everything else seems to have involved TV threads or spoilers in some way.

sumi - Jul 17, 2007 9:49:13 am PDT #8 of 6773
Art Crawl!!!

Maybe instead of waiting for shows to organically reveal themselves to be big enough to have a thread - we could have a twice yearly vote on shows that looke to be big enough to have threads.

That way we'd still be voting for tv shows but there would be more than one show per ballot and perhaps people would find it less oppressive.

Glamcookie - Jul 17, 2007 9:54:20 am PDT #9 of 6773
I know my own heart and understand my fellow man. But I am made unlike anyone I have ever met. I dare to say I am like no one in the whole world. - Anne Lister

Gloomcookie "Voting Discussion: We're Screwing In Light Bulbs AIFG!" Jul 17, 2007 11:44:49 am PDT

Next Last Recent